Review: Ugly Love by Colleen Hoover

Title: Ugly Love
Author: Colleen Hoover
Genre: New Adult Romance
Publisher: Atria Books 
Summary: When Tate Collins meets airline pilot Miles Archer, she knows it isn’t love at first sight. They wouldn’t even go so far as to consider themselves friends. The only thing Tate and Miles have in common is an undeniable mutual attraction. Once their desires are out in the open, they realize they have the perfect set-up. He doesn’t want love, she doesn’t have time for love, so that just leaves the sex. Their arrangement could be surprisingly seamless, as long as Tate can stick to the only two rules Miles has for her.
Never ask about the past.Don’t expect a future.
They think they can handle it, but realize almost immediately they can’t handle it at all.
Hearts get infiltrated.Promises get broken.Rules get shattered.Love gets ugly.



Yet again Colleen Hoover has made me feel so many feels all at once. I went from happy to sad, laughing to crying so many times. I loved the characters, I loved the story line, I loved everything.

Believe it or not, I actually loved Miles and Tate's relationship. Sure it was mostly physical, but you can tell they both really cared for each other, no mater how much Miles said he didn't. You can tell from the start that Miles has some sort of troubled past and a huge secret. It broke my heart that Miles felt he couldn't love anyone after what happened. But in this process, Tate is trying to hide her feelings, leaving her feeling hurt by Miles.

The book is written in dual pov with Tate's written in the present and Miles' written in the past. This helps give you a clearer view on why Miles feels the way he does, even though you don't actually find out what happens until the end of the book. 

Basically most of the book is the physical attraction between Tate and Miles. The story doesn't really pick up until the last few chapters (I've been noticing that a lot of other authors have also been doing this) after Tate finally confronts Miles on his feeling towards her. But let me tell you, those last few chapters had me in TEARS. Like, I was sobbing like a baby. I did expect what was going to happen when I got more hints, but I wasn't expecting the way it was going to happen. That left me heartbroken for both Miles and anyone who has to deal with that in real life. It really helped open my eyes as to why Miles was so distant and angry.

As Jessica talked about in her review, I found Ugly Love to be a lot like It Ends With Us. Both books had these two intense guys with total aversions to love and relationships, as well as troubled pasts. Then come the strong female characters who instantly fall for the troubled male. Although they were both similar, each book had its own special way to crawl into your heart and stay there forever.

It took me a whopping 24hrs to finish this book. Once I sat down to read, I couldn't stop. And when I did have to stop, I couldn't stop thinking about it and what would happen next. This New Adult was pretty descriptive at some parts so be warned that you'll be blushing hard. Overall, if this book isn't on your TBR pile, it should be. Hoover will have you blushing, laughing, crying, and so much more, so be sure to give this a read. 




1 comment

  1. This was my gateway Hoover book. I really liked the way Hoover told the story, alternating POVs as well as time periods. I have not read It Ends With Us (yet), but I agree that Miles was very intense. I would say brooding, but he had a good reason. Great review!

    ReplyDelete

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️