ARC Review: The Revolution of Ivy by Amy Engel

Title: The Revolution of Ivy
Author: Amy Engel
Genre: Dystopia
Source: Publisher 
Publisher: Entangled Teen
Publication Date: November 3rd 2015
Add it to Goodreads / Pre-Order it on Amazon

Summary: 
Ivy Westfall is beyond the fence and she is alone. Abandoned by her family and separated from Bishop Lattimer, Ivy must find a way to survive on her own in a land filled with countless dangers, both human and natural. She has traded a more civilized type of cruelty--forced marriages and murder plots--for the bare-knuckled brutality required to survive outside Westfall's borders. But there is hope beyond the fence, as well. And when Bishop reappears in Ivy's life, she must decide if returning to Westfall to take a final stand for what she believes is right is worth losing everything she's fought for. 

Review: 

*This review contains spoilers from book 1 and minor spoilers from book 2* 


When Entangled Teen reached out about me reviewing The Revolution of Ivy I was all over the opportunity. I mean, it has been 6 months since Amy broke my heart, and mine needed to be repaired. I will admit, I would have loved this one a whole lot more if I got the chance to reread The Book of Ivy but nonetheless The Revolution of Ivy was a strong end to an incredible duology. 

When the first book ended Ivy was no longer in Westfall, but beyond the fence. Stuck in war ravaged land Ivy has no choice but to teach herself to survive. But after being attacked and injured she is rescued by two strangers: Caleb and Ash. Ivy's saviors teach her how to survive in this new harsh world, as well as taking her in as one of their own. Just when Ivy can function on her own again, she is reunited with Bishop. 

Ivy spent most of time in the first half of the book accepting the fact that Bishop would no longer be a part of her life. Then he is flung back in and it is a shock to her system. I didn't expect for her reunion with Bishop to be painful for her, but it was. It sure wasn't the reunion I was expecting, but it fit well with the book and made the moments that Ivy and Bishop have together sweeter. Bishop is fierce in proving he still love Ivy despite everything that happened. Honestly, I didn't think I would fall in love with him anymore then I already have, but I did. 

"I don't understand how the pain of losing him can be a pale shadow in comparison to the pain of finding him again." -Ivy
When Bishop arrived at the camp, he brought news about how things in Westfall are starting to fall apart in President Lattimer's hands. Despite what happened with her father and sister in book one, Ivy decides to get back to Westfall and try to save her sister from execution and possibly her her father from the same fate. The ending wasn't unexpected. It made sense though. The Lattimer's time was running out. But it left the reader content to what was going to happen after the story ended. 

I am sad that my time with this series is over. I will be coming back to reread it again soon. Amy did a brilliant job in wrapping up everything, leaving me content to Ivy and Bishop's life long after this story ends.

Rating:





No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️