Review: The Hallow by Jessica Verday



Title: The Hallow
Author: Jessica Verday
Genre: Paranormal, Paranormal Romance, Supernatural, Young Adult, Fantasy, Mystery
Page Count:  513
Publisher: Simon Pulse
Book #1 in The Hallow trilogy 


Summary~

A love like no other...

When Abbey's best friend, Kristen, vanishes at the bridge near Sleepy Hollow Cemetery, everyone else is all too quick to accept that Kristen is dead...and rumors fly that her death was no accident. Abbey goes through the motions of mourning her best friend, but privately, she refuses to believe that Kristen is really gone. Then she meets Caspian, the gorgeous and mysterious boy who shows up out of nowhere at Kristen's funeral and keeps reappearing in Abbey's life. Caspian clearly has secrets of his own, but he's the only person who makes Abbey feel normal again...but also special.

Just when Abbey starts to feel that she might survive all this, she learns a secret that makes her question everything she thought she knew about her best friend. How could Kristen have kept silent about so much? And could this secret have led to her death? As Abbey struggles to understand Kristen's betrayal, she uncovers a frightening truth that nearly unravels her - one that will challenge her emerging love for Caspian, as well as her own sanity.



Review~ 

I don't know were this book would land on my rating scale. I liked it but I didn't like it. On good reads I rated it two stars but two stars on here mean: "Ehhh. I have read better and this didn't really keep me occupied." 

The book was well written and had a lot of potential but the only fantasy aspect was in the last 15 pages of the book! So I read about 498 pages of the novel were her dedicated to her obsessing over Caspian.

In the beginning when she is falling into a depression after her best friend, Kristin's, death I felt bad for her. I don't know what if I would do if I lost a good friend. But she survived. With some help.  

I am going to keep this review short cause I don't have much to say for the book. I am going to read the sequel but I really hope it is moves faster. 



                             RATING: ★-












No comments

Please note that if your comment doesn’t appear right away, it’s because we have to approve it. Make sure to click the Notify Me box so you can check back once your comment has been approved! ❤️